Tuesday, November 27, 2007

BFA Graduate: Tomoko Uehara


Tomoko Uehara
"I am always collecting fun and interesting objects. My tendency to collect attractive objects comes from my own background growing up in Japan. The country is flooded with cute and odd trinkets. They captivate people and it creates a sort of consummerism in Japan. My country is obsessed with cute and fun oddities and this is somewhat a reflection into my own life. I am one of those people. My work is an explaination of this idea of consummerism.
I hope to continue pushing the idea of consumerism in the future. This is because we as a human race are all tied to our things. We are tied to rings, tied to jewelry, or even stuffed animals and other unecessary objects."




2 comments:

garland said...

おめでとうございます。リネットが,ブロッグのことをおしえてくれました。ミンにも,おめでとうと言ってください。何か二人とも面白い,作品を,作ってますね。

garland said...

申し訳ない。名前書くの忘れた。真純よりです。私は、ヒューストンで,元気にやってます。